Re: debian-installer now available in Ports

Hi,

Linux User #330250 wrote:

I use and used Debian on a G4 7450 CPU and I cannot see anything unusual concerning the CPU or bus speed. Everything seems to be initialized correctly, even thou with this new unstable build and kernel 4.9 a function called check_features triggers a CPU trap. But the system doesn't seem to be affected negatively by this little error.

I was specifically referring - sorry not mentioning it - to old-world machines which had CPUs on doughterboards, so you could upgrade with a faster CPU, both from Apple as third-party accelerators.. For them different speeds and cache settings could be set with MacOS. This all worked "fine" in old days where you booted mac classic and then loaded BSD or Linux, but a "native" boot not.

Riccardo