Re: debian-installer now available in Ports

On 04/14/2017 11:05 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Does anyone know how well supported GRUB on powerpc is? Does it support all PPC Macs or only newer
>> ones, e
>
> OldWorld will not work:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-grub/2015-03/msg00072.html

Yeah, I was actually about to ask whether the criteria would be a NewWorld
machine, but for some reason I didn't finish my sentence :O.

> NewWorld are supposed to work. So the question is: does anyone still
> has an OldWorld ?

I tried installing on a PB3400 a while ago - didn't work, there are issues [1].

However, I'm not ruling out that other OldWorld machines work, so we could
just try detecting the machine type in debian-installer and enable GRUB
for the NewWorld machines only.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz