Re: New discussion: ppc64 installer -- ext2 /boot partition to keep yaboot happy.

On Oct 31, 2017, at 12:12 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 10/31/2017 07:57 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:
>> Can you give me instructions for how to install your modifications
>> during installation?  I’d love to help with the debugging if I can.
>
> This has already been extensively discussed on the mailing list.
> Please refer to the archives [1].
>
> Adrian
>
>> [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2017/10/threads.html

I’ve read all the messages in this thread, and I apologize for my lack of discernment — I’m a system administrator with 45 years of experience, but I’m not a Debian developer — so some things are not as clear to me as they are to you.

The only way I can contribute to this effort to get grub2 working on powerpc is if I get a clear, succinct set of instructions at the level of detail of, for example, “at this point in the installation, open a console window and download this file then run this command; when it asks for x, be sure to answer y; then continue with the installation”.

If I can follow the instructions, I promise to provide full and complete information on the results.

Thanks!
Rick