Re: PowerPC sid installation

On Oct 6, 2017, at 12:10 PM, Richard Kuenz <richard.kuenz@web.de> wrote:

> Also, when installing Squeeze,
> it seems that the Package Archive is not accessible.
>
> Following this page here
>
> https://www.debian.org/distrib/archive
>

> it should be able during installation to add manually a Server for downloading the packages;
>

> But when i enter manually
>

> Http://debian.archive.org/
>

> it would come up with an error;
>

> where did i go wrong?

I don’t know.  I’ve never tried to install anything that old.  I’ll give it a try on a VM and see what I get.

In the mean time, please describe step-by-step what you did and what happened.  In particular, what questions did it ask in what phases of the installation, and what did you answer and how did it respond.

Also, where did you download the .iso from — the exact URL will be very helpful.

Enjoy!
Rick