Re: PS3?

Hi Simon,

On 09/22/2017 07:32 AM, Simon Richter wrote:
> I'm trying to get a PS3 to boot with the powerpc64 kernel in stretch,
> but had no luck so far. kexec from the boot menu happens, then the
> screen goes blank and stays that way. I have a 3.5 kernel that boots and
> works fine.

Unfortunately, there was a kernel ABI breakage that made the current
PS3 petitboot bootloader (kexec) unable to boot kernels newer than
v3.16-rc1.  Here's the commit:

commit e6a6928c3ea1d0195ed75a091e345696b916c09b (v3.16-rc1)
Author: Rob Herring <robh@kernel.org>
Date:   Wed Apr 2 15:10:14 2014 -0500
    of/fdt: Convert FDT functions to use libfdt

I've been working on an updated bootloader, but it is not
ready yet.  If you would like to help with it, let me know.

-Geoff