Re: debian-installer: please default to grub-ieee1275 on powerpc instead of yaboot

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 03:15:15PM +0000, luigi burdo wrote:
> I had in past issue with grub on opensuse, i have a G5 970MP.
>
> Adrian make a great present to us, making us have again debian working on BE .
>
> please do not made again it not usable on our hardware choosing grub.

I have had issues with grub on opensuse running x86, so that doesn't
really mean much.

yaboot isn't being maintained, is a pain to build because it only
works with an obsolete version of the ext fs library, which makes it
incompatible with new ext* features.

Much better to spend effort getting any bugs in grub fixed.  A lot were
fixed some 5 or 6 years ago when I wanted grub on an IBM p520 and worked
with upstream to debug a lot of issues there over a few months.

--
Len Sorensen