Re: sid - PowerBook G4 1.5 Al (radeon) - No Backlight on fourth boot - pbbuttonsd/hdparm

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 07:12:00AM +0000, Fadi Osman wrote:
> So I started up in nomodeset - and using the Console, uninstalled
> pbbuttonsd and hdparm, and now have my Backlight back again!

Thanks for investigating this and thanks for this information.

Might be a good idea to put it up in the wiki here:

> https://wiki.debian.org/PowerPC/FAQ

> I have kept the contents of /var/log for each of my boot attempt -
> but not the fourth unfortunately. A first attempt to compare them was
> not very helpful.
>
> I might try to reinstall pbbuttonsd and prepare a script to copy the
> /var/log with the backlight off.

Yes, please. Once you have gained enough information, please file a
bug report against the pbuttonsd package so the maintainer is
notified, although I haven't checked whether the package is still
maintained.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz