First time Debian stretch (Linux) installation ever - a conclusion

Hello guys,

I installed Debian stretch successfully.

Now I have a couple of question.

To install Debian wasn't a problem. First I tried to install it from a USB key. Don't work. I think it’s a OpenFirmware issue, because in OF, the key wasn't shown.

At startup, I always have to press RETURN to start booting.
What have I got to do, to boot in Linux automatically?

I installed Debain three times with three different desktop environments:
1. Xfce
2. LXDE
3. MATE

On Xfce
+ A dock is available out of the box
+ You can search all applications
- trackpad movment is stuttering like hell (e. g. if you are holding alt on MacOS X bootup to select startup volume -> if you there trying to use the trackpad, it feels exactly the same)
- A clock & date system preference isn't available

On LXDE
+ clock & date system preference is available
+ trackpad movment is a little bit better as under Xfce
- a dock isn't available
- you can't search all applications

On MATE:
+ clock & date system preference is available
- a dock isn't available
- you can't search all applications
- trackpad movement is hyper-sensitive, very nervous

I have set the CPU to power-saving. Because yesterday the fan was on full speed, then the PowerBook shuts down. Then I have installed pSensor to look at the temperatures. But it seems there is only a sensor for the HDD? Funny thing, today the HDD sensor is gone, not shown ...

It's a pleasrue to use Synaptic. And it also wasn't a problem to install the wireless driver. But instead of vi, I have used gedit. Because it's easier to use for me. And about the PowerPC Wiki from Fadi. I haven't copied the lines, I only put contrib behind main.

The brightness keys for the display don't work. Sound also not working.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Wake up from sleep also don’t work.

There should also be a mate-cpufreq-applet to switch between the different CPU settings.
Any ideas where I could find this applet?

And on MATE, on the top right, the clock, there is also a temperature symbol.
Is it possible to add more cities? Because my city isn't in that list.

Is it possible to install different desktop environments?
If yes, how to switch between the different environments then?

About searching for applications:
At the moment I pick a MacApp and search on http://alternativeto.net/ for an alternative.
Is there a better way to search for applications?

On Evolution to configure mail: At the moment it’s not going to work … I don’t know why.

Thanks in advance
Carlos