Re: yaboot problem? OS won't load after install on a Power Mac G5

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:30:37PM +0200, ilko Iliev wrote:
> I tried several times installing Debian on a Power Mac G5 machine, each time I go through the install process without any issues, but once I reboot after the install the system hangs in a perpetual " Loading second stage bootstrap..."
> I suspect it might be a yaboot issue, I mounted the HDD on another machine and here is the yaboot.conf:

What file system are you using for /boot and /root?

Yaboot has had issues in the past with dealing with new ext3 and ext4
features because it was built (staticly) against an outdated e2fslibs
version as far as I recall.  ext2 for /boot is certainly much safer and
not likely to break.

The other suggestions about video issues and such are very much worth
checking too.

--
Len Sorensen