Re: A few questions about stretch ( testing ) on a PowerMac G5

On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 08:54:29AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 02/05/2017 04:24 AM, dev_user wrote:
> > I tend to enjoy having non-x86 gear around and for RISC that means
> > PowerPC and SPARC.  Oh gee ... look .. sparc is dropped too.
>
> Both PowerPC and SPARC are still supported by the infrastructure. It's
> just that neither are currently a release architecture, but that shouldn't
> stop you from using them.
>
> For SPARC, just follow this guide to get Debian unstable up and running:
>
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2016/06/msg00126.html
>
> For PowerPC, you just install the latest Jessie release, then switch the
> /etc/apt/sources.list from "jessie" to "unstable". Then perform a dist-upgrade
> and you have an up-to-date Debian unstable running on powerpc with the latest
> kernel and packages.

Except that right now, there are serious problems with udev since
systemd{evil,isease,isaster,ictator} modified some configuration
files which now require the use of seccomp (as far as I understand).
This is despite the fact that all SECCOMP options are enabled in my
kernel and the proper libraries are installed as far as I know.

The relevant parameters which have to be commented out in files
under /lib/systemd are:

#MemoryDenyWriteExecute=yes
#RestrictRealtime=yes
#RestrictAddressFamilies=AF_UNIX AF_NETLINK AF_INET AF_INET6

Otherwise the machine will not boot/reboot.

    Gabriel