Re: Supported Hardware ?

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 07:12:02PM +0200, Erik Brangs wrote:
> (Non-)Atomicity of access to 32 bit or 64 bit memory words, memory barriers and implemented floating point instructions.

Well for testing the code is right for that stuff, power7 and power8
are the best.  They are extremely picky and very good at hitting bugs
when you don't do it right.  Older chips were much less picky and worked
even though the code was wrong, as far as the PPC spec was concerned.

Of course they will not catch trying to use altivec or other new
instructions that older chips didn't have.  That is the other end of
the compatibility problem I suppose.

--
Len Sorensen