Re: powerpc64 in testing install

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:26:17PM -0700, Herminio Hernandez, Jr. wrote:
> I just grabbed the latest testing powerpc netinst iso and saw I no long had
> the option of a 64-bit kernel install, So is Stretch is not going to have
> PowerPC 64-bit support?

That's odd.

I do see this:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linux-image-4.7.0-1-powerpc64

So that seems like a mistake.  Certainly installing powerpc arch on a
64bit ppc machine is very common.  I certainly see no reason to have a
64 bit compiled user space in general, but the 64 bit kernel makes lots
of sense.

Unless it simply doesn't ask and installs the right kernel anyhow.

--
Len Sorensen