Re: Re: Re: Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5, Graphics Issues

Hi Peter,

firstly thanks very much for providing the kernel images.

yesterday I installed Jessie on my newly acquired G5 powerpc (GeForce FX 5200 Ultra) and experienced problems with nouveau, which I used the parameter nouveau.noaccel=1 as a workaround to get a functioning system.

So I have installed both the 3.18 and the 4.5.0-rc2 versions of the kernels you provided. Both seemed to boot up ok to the splash screen, but I could go no further, as my wireless usb keyboard and mouse no longer worked. they worked fine on the 3.16 kernel. any ideas? I have a wired mouse which worked fine for 3.18 and 4.5.0 but unfortunately I don't have a wired keyboard to test with. This is the first time I've installed a kernel myself so any advice you can provide is appreciated.

cheers Daniel Cavalli