Removal of powerpc as release architecture - would a donated Power Mac help?

Hello!

I currently use a few older Power Mac (G3, G4, G5) machines with Debian. I've always been glad that Debian had kept an official powerpc port.

Now I am hoping that powerpc as an architecture will stay at least as an unsupported nonetheless provided architecture (no guarantees, but packages and installation media). The situation for out-of-the-box installation on Apple Power Macs wasn't all that great anymore anyhow, since there are always issues with Radeon and Nvidia graphics. Should this still be an only issue on an unofficial powerpc port, that's defenitely something a community can live with.

My question as a pure user is: would it help the devs if they got a Power Mac G4 as a donation?

As a user there isn't really much else to do but to support the distribution by using it, spreading the word and donating some of the affordable old hardware...

Cheers,

Linux User #330250