Re: Release Architectures for Debian 9 'Stretch'

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 05:00:35PM +0000, luigi burdo wrote:
> and not only Riccardo,
> if we count amcc 44x , chrp, Xe and e500,e600 in addition to 32bit and G5,Power5,6,7 and e5500,e6500 and P6T...
> read about this news is a really punch in the stomac for all user,dev and factory who belive in BE ppc.

e500 doesn't count.  e500mc is the only e500* that can run powerpc
properly without FPU emulation.

But there are a lot of other ones.

Focusing on old powermacs is a useless distraction.  That's not what
powerpc is these days (and powermac was a drop in the bucket for the
powerpc market in the past too).

At least powerpc has multiple vendors that care if the tool chains work,
unlike sparc where there pretty much was just one vendor behind it and
they had their own OS to worry about.  Linux was not their primary
concern.

--
Len Sorensen