Re: Installation guide architecture table update

On 06/29/2016 08:38 AM, Karsten Merker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have pushed some updates to the architecture table in the
> installation guide for stretch, based on the available flavors in the
> current kernel package builds, currently-built d-i targets, information
> in wiki.d.o and data from the architecture qualification status page
> (https://release.debian.org/stretch/arch_qualify.html). The result
> is available at:
>
> https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/installation-guide/installation-guide-armhf/en/ch02s01.html#idm189
>
> I am not particularly familiar with the state of affairs on mips/mipsel
> and powerpc, so it would be nice if the mips/mipsel and powerpc porters
> could take a look and let me know if something is wrong or missing.

Debian powerpc installer supports New World Mac[0] machines and IBM
POWER5 and newer IBM POWER servers.

It should probably look something like:
Architecture   | Designation | Subarchitecture             | Flavor
PowerPC, POWER | powerpc     | G3 and G4 New World Mac     | powerpc
               |             | G5 Mac, IBM POWER5 or newer | powerpc64
POWER (LE)     | ppc64el     | IBM POWER8 or newer machines|

Milan

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_ROM