Re: Radeon driver not works on PPC with X800

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 1:15 AM, TCH <tch@amigaspirit.hu> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an old G4 MDD, with an X800 card. I've just installed Debian Jessie
> and tried to breathe life into the 2d acceleration, but without success. If
> i install "firmware-linux-nonfree", then it loads the "r420_cp.bin", but
> then i only got a black screen after boot and the machine freezes
> completely.

Sorry to hear your troubles. Really in a case of complete
installation, I would like to invite you to report a proper bug
report:

https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/powerpc/ch05s04.html.en#submit-bug

If you have never configured an MTA before, you can simply configure
reportbug using the simple gmail example:

https://wiki.debian.org/reportbug#Using_GMail.27s_SMTP_Server

Let us know the bug number.

-M