Re: [Stretch] Status for architecture qualification

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
> Hi Niels!
>
> On 06/05/2016 12:01 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> Beyond mips64el, we are not aware of any new architectures for Stretch.
>>
>> I kindly ask you to:
>>
>>  * Porters, please assert if your architecture is targeting Stretch.
>
> To give some insight what's happening in Debian Ports. We have two candidates which
> I think would qualify for inclusion in a stable release. There is also a third
> potential candidate for future releases of Debian once the hardware has become
> available.

Thanks. :)

> ppc64:
>
> [...]

AFAICT, it is not in unstable and I have not heard of any attempts to
bootstrap it there yet.  Who is working on it and what is the ETA?

> sparc64:
>
> [...]

Thanks for the update.  For every one working on this, please keep in
mind that it can take quite a while to be set up and included in testing
(even without missing hardware).

If you are unable to acquire (promise of) the necessary hardware within
a month or two, making it into a Stretch will probably be very hard.

> sh4:
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian
>
> [...]

While it sounds exciting, I doubt it will be ready for Stretch (I
presume this was the "potential candidate for a future release").

Thanks,
~Niels