Re: Power Mac G5: Attempting to get 2D acceleration with nouveau and 6800 Ultra

Sorry about your LCS!  (stands for Liquid Cooling System -- the multi
core G5's run *HOT*)  That's a lot of work!

And thanks for the hints on doing my own tinkering...  It would be fun
if I had the time.  Unfortunately, time is something I'm short of right
now.

So, in the interest of getting something that works without tinkering:

Is there a hardware solution?  Is there a non-Nvidia graphics card I
could purchase and install in my PowerMac-G5 11,2 that wouldn’t have the
problem?   I don’t need anything fancy.  Just enough to run a simple 2D
mate or xfce desktop.

Thanks for anything you can suggest!
Rick