Re: Audio output for PowerMac G5

On 06/03/16 05:43, Rick Thomas wrote:
On Mar 5, 2016, at 8:20 PM, peperoland@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Rick,

I'm in the same boat with a powerbook G4; no sound cards found.

I found this a couple of weeks ago but I haven't give it a try yet.

http://ppcluddite.blogspot.mx/2015/08/debian-kernel-with-sound-fix.html?m=1

I'm a musician so I might give it a try this week too.

Regards
Jose.
Thanks for the pointer, Jose.

Unfortunately, this is a "powerpc" kernel, not "powerpc64" kernel.  The G5 needs the 64-bit version.  But it might well work for you on your G4, which is 32-bit.

As a musician, you might be interested in Hanno's sonic-pi software, which is what got me started down this road.

Good luck! And let us know what you find out.

Rick
Hi Rick

I don't know if anyone's answered this for you but the 4.5.0-rc2 kernel is here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pqd5Ots1vfT2puX09CYjEwcFk&usp=drive_web

Regards

Clive