 Subject: Re: Audio output for PowerMac G5
 To: "Rick Thomas" <rbthomas@pobox.com>
 Cc: "PowerPC List Debian" <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>, "Peter Saisanas" <psaisanas@gmail.com>, abos@hanno.de
 Date: Saturday, March 5, 2016, 8:20 PM

 Hi Rick,

 I'm in the same boat with
 a powerbook G4; no sound cards found.

 I found this a couple of weeks ago but I
 haven't give it a try yet.

 http://ppcluddite.blogspot.mx/2015/08/debian-kernel-with-sound-fix.html?m=1

 I'm a musician so I might
 give it a try this week too.

 Regards
 Jose.

 On 05/03/2016, at 9:39 p.m., Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com>
 wrote:

 > I have an
 ancient PowerMac G5 dual-core 2.0GHZ (PowerMac11,2) machine
 I'd like to use to help Hanno Zulla test his new
 "Sonic Pi" software on bigendian hardware.

 > But alsamixer tells
 me I have no audio cards and no audio devices.

 > Or, to put it
 another way:
 >> rbthomas@bigal:~$ ls
 -l /proc/asound/
 >> total 0
 >> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar  5 19:31
 cards
 >> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0
 Mar  5 19:31 devices
 >> -r--r--r-- 1
 root root 0 Mar  5 19:31 modules

 dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar  5 19:31 oss
 >> dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar  5 19:31
 seq
 >> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar
 5 19:31 version
 >> rbthomas@bigal:~$ cat
 -v /proc/asound/cards
 >> --- no
 soundcards ---
 >> rbthomas@bigal:~$ cat
 -v /proc/asound/devices
 >> rbthomas@bigal:~$ cat
 -v /proc/asound/modules
 >> rbthomas@bigal:~$
 >
 > Am I just not
 was able to use this machine with iTunes when it was running
 MacOS-X, so there is audio hardware in there somewhere.

 > Thanks for any
 help!