Re: Powermac g5 strange colors with gui

Hello ,

can someone please help me to install Wheezy on a Powermac G5?

When i boot in open firmware

and then do

boot cd:,install yaboot

it says alwys "cd not found"

i really like my powermac g5 but i am bit afraid to use linux on it because i had so many problems. last time i tried to install Ubuntu 15.10 via USB i had an error at the beginning of yaboot installer with strange message (cereal something) and i had to switch off powermac . Afterwards i was no more able to enter OsX 10.5.8 Leopard - there was just a Bluescreen that would not go away .

Plus, one mayor downfall with PPC Linux, as with Linux in General, is that the Bluetooth connectivity is nearly Zero - which is a pity because Reverse Tethering a Phone or Tablet via Bluetooth Pan is a really nice thing and seems to work fine only on Mac and less on Windows and even lesser on Linux .

Linux PPC would be especially nice to be able to continue using programs such as Kodi, which on PPC mac are no more updated.

Thank you very much for your help.

rich