Midnight Commander

Hello!

I installed Debian 8.2.0 powerpc on my Power Mac "Late 2005" (PowerMac11,2).

The installation was only a minimal system since the mirror did not work
-- which I did not notice, except that I could not select the desktop,
print server, ssh etc. tasks. only a system task was visible (from the
installation CD?). (I am now running tasksel to install the packages…)

So, it installed yaboot and it boots alright. Very happy to see it works
out-of-the-box.

One thing I noticed on previous installations and on this one is:
I installed Midnight Commander "apt install mc". Midnight Commander
works as expected. BUT...

BUT:
When quitting mc, the console (virtual terminal) is stalled.

Anyone alse see this problem?

What is the solution?

Thanks,
Andreas  aka  Linux User #330250