Re: Re: Powermac g5 strange colors with gui

Hi Aidan,

If you want to test something out to get your Powermac G5 (7.2) running without fans at max rpm.

I have built a 4.4.0-rc7 kernel deb package. I have downgraded binutils to the version from jessie (binutils 2.25-5) which is working.
Thanks for the tip Len.

This is more or less one of my test kernels, however i have made a couple of changes.

I have re-enabled the PMU which should hopefully solve your fan control issues on your particular model Powermac G5 (7.2).

I have also enabled the MD RAID option so hopefully sort out Rick Thomas' issue.

If you want to try it out, please do me a favour and send the dmesg log after installing.

In the google drive link, try the 4.4.0-rc7 kernel and headers in the folder named "linux 4.4.0-rc7 kernel".

Link below.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pqd5Ots1vfT2puX09CYjEwcFk

Let me know how you go.

Regards,