Re: Debian 8.2 on Pegasos II G4 - Installation working, but no boot image in folder boot

The /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.0-4-powerpc image isn't generated, because mkvmlinuz
bails out with an error, when it is called through the hook-scripts in
/etc/kernel/*.
I think Apex and I had nailed down the error to the point, where mkvmlinuz
queries the debconf database. But I wonder why such a query should fail.

Code in /etc/kernel/postinst.d/mkvmlinuz:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> set -e
>
> . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
>
> db_get mkvmlinuz/bootloaders <-- likely bails out here!
> bootloader="$RET"
>
> if [ "$bootloader" = mkvmlinuz ]; then
>     /usr/sbin/mkvmlinuz $1 $2
> fi
>
> db_get mkvmlinuz/bootloaders
> bootloader="$RET"

Could it be that the type of partition table makes a difference?
What are you using? MBR + yaboot or RDB + mkvmlinuz?

Unfortunately I don't have a PegasosII...which complicates debugging a
little bit.

regards,
Gerhard