Re: Potential Mono removal from 32-bit big endian PowerPC in next upload

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 09:48:54AM +0100, Jo Shields wrote:
> If you can sign the CLA at https://cla.xamarin.com/ I can take care of
> the patch process

Well I looked at it and it would seem I can not.

I am employed by someone, but they have nothing to do with me contributing
patches to things in my spare time, and I don't care to spend any time
trying to get my employer to sign anything saying they don't care about
my spare time either.

Some projects just like making it too hard to actually try and help out.
I consider my patches so far all trivial.  I don't personally give a shit
about mono (I have no use for it), I just like a challange, so fixing a
few small bugs is fun.  I also hate to see packages get dropped from
architectures in Debian.

So at this point it seems that if they won't accept trivial little
patches without a stupid agreement, then too bad.  Not worth my effort.
I can submit stuff to the linux kernel without such stupidities.

If someone has a problem with that, they can look at my patches on this
mailing list, see what the problem and solution was, and then they can
go fix it again themselves in pretty much the same way.  Not like I care
if I get credit or not for such trivial fixes.

> > Certainly getting the fixes in would be great, but I don't much care
> > who puts them in.  I suspect the ppc64 would like to add those missing
> > instructions too.
>
> I'll point them out on the current ppc64 bug, once I have the commits to
> point to
>
> > I am still curious about the last test suite failures (the hanging one
> > and the other one I didn't look at yet, and the two that went away when
> > the value was made smaller).
>
> Feel free to keep investigating - I love bug fixes. But what we have is
> good enough for now, certainly good enough for sid.

It is certainly pretty good from the looks of it.

--
Len Sorensen