Re: Potential Mono removal from 32-bit big endian PowerPC in next upload

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 03:06:21PM +0100, Jo Shields wrote:

> On 25/08/15 14:44, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> >
> > I did that, and got a ton of other errors.
> >
> > The readme file said to use:
> >
> > make get-monolite-latest
> > make EXTERNAL_MCS=${PWD}/mcs/class/lib/monolite/basic.exe
>
> Don't touch EXTERNAL_MCS - if set, it needs to be the path to an
> executable compiler command (eg /opt/mono/bin/mcs not
> /opt/mono/lib/mono/4.5/mcs.exe). If you give it the path to the
> underlying compiler's assembly rather than its wrapper script, it'll use
> binfmt_misc to execute that assembly using /usr/bin/mono, which in your
> case is still 3.2 (3.2 runtime can't execute 4.1 compiler, as seen by
> your error)
>
> If EXTERNAL_MCS is unset, it'll use the just-built runtime to execute
> matching mcs/class/lib/monolite/basic.exe

OK, I was just trying what README.md said to do when using the get
monolite option.

I also just noticed I hadn't installed all the dependancies listed on
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/compiling-mono/linux/ so I just did that,
maybe it will help.

--
Len Sorensen