Re: Report on Debian 8 on Late 2005 G5 with custom kernel, Graphics Issues

Hi Rick,

Hmmm, You have a USB to RS-232 converter along with a USB3 PCIe card? Is this correct?

Do you happen to have anything displayed on the screen after yaboot executes the kernel? I.e. the OpenFirmware framebuffer console?

It seems that early on, the Debian config tries to setup a console on tty0, now i dont have any serial ports in my machine, but you seem to have a USB-serial converter, could the console be automatically redirected to your USB serial port by any chance?

I noticed this line:
usb 7-1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0, taking a stab in the dark here, but your usb serial adapter has been given the dev node ttyUSB0. Could the tty0 node automatically be linked to the first detected serial port (in your case ttyUSB0) and have the serial console being spat out on this device?

This is a long shot, but could the USB3 PCIie card be screwing around with the PCI resources by any chance? No mention of resource re-mapping, but just in case!

Thats the only thing that stands out to me as It actually looks like it should work!

Good luck
Cheers,
Peter