Re: HELP: test kernel patches on the real thing

> I'm the original filer of Debian bug #714345.

>  I applied your sound patch and compiled a new kernel, but there's still no sound on my iBook.

That is a misunderstanding. This patch is not for bringing the sound
back, but to get rid of the legacy probing (notice how the
"attach_adapter method is deprecated" messages disappeared). But I do
offer to investigate this sound bug with someone, once the probing got
fixed, so we hopefully end up with another patch for that.

> I've attached dmesg output from both the original Debian kernel and the patched kernel.

Yay! Finally a machine which qualifies, great! However, my current
probing patch causes an OOPS, so I'll have to check again. I'll rework
that and maybe add a patch on top of that to debug the actual sound
problem and send those to you. Ok with you? Thanks for your support! Can
you send me the device tree of your machine in the mean time?

> Hope this helps.

Yes, it does.

Thanks,

   Wolfram