Debian Jessie with openbox on iBook G4 crashing when firmware-linux-nonfree is installed

Hi!

I have upgraded my Debian Wheezy to Jessie on my iBook G4 following the upgrade manual from Debian which is really great by the way.
After that I wasn't able to  type the username in the Loginpanel (slim).
I was able to change to the command line with CTRL+ALT+F1 and starting a openbos session with "startx". Openbox crashes then after ii try to resize a window.
With firmware-linux-nonfree not installed it works without crashing once.
There are also two kernel modules that can't be loaded.  ppdev andapm_emu.
I decied to make a fresh install. Same behaviour. I made a fresh install on another iBook G3. Same behaviour.
Then I tried uninstalling packages. firmware-linux-nonfree was the reproducable cause. After reinstalling it crashes again.

When running the system without firmware-linux-nonfree I have no sound. So I decided to help myself with a 10$ USB DAC from EBAY. It worked fine as workaround.

Does anyone else had also the same problem?

Cheers
Chris