Re: Help with the arm64 and ppc64el installation-guides needed

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 12:24:58AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Breno Leitao, le Fri 10 Apr 2015 17:44:01 -0300, a écrit :
> > On 04/09/2015 01:13 PM, Karsten Merker wrote:> Hello everybody,
> > > the release date for Jessie is near, but the installation-guide
> > > does not seem to contain any arm64/ppc64el-specific information
> > > yet.
> > We have created this installation guide, but unfortunatelly it was not integrated yet.
> >
> > It is still on my github repository. Can you import it?
>
> Uh..... I requested this very kind of information in september and
> november, why wasn't this work (done in december) ever submitted
> before?  We can integrate it in the installation manual, but it will
> most probably not get translated for the release...
>
> I'll however be unable to integrate things like "blablabla" (sic)...
>
> Samuel

Also, most of the content is oriented towards updating the machine
software itself, not Debian. How does one install Debian on bare-metal,
using petitboot? How does one install Debian as a KVM guest with SLOF?
How about Debian on a LPAR on PowerVM? Which systems would support it in
that mode?

Cascardo.