Re: Fixing buildd issues on ppc64el

Hi Aurelien,

On 09/11/2014 12:03 PM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> So powerpc64le-linux-gnu is wrongly detected as elf64ppc (instead of
> elf64lppc). This value is then passed to ld to check if it supports
> shared libraries. The above binutils change make this check to succeed.
> This value is not used outside of configure script, so this should be
> relatively safe .....
Right, I looked at some examples, and they start to build automatically (in the
same version) after this new binutils, as for example, the libzapojit package that
was failing with:

    dh_install: libzapojit-0.0-0 missing files (usr/lib/libzapojit*.so.*), aborting

and now it is building fine.[1]

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libzapojit&arch=ppc64el

> In the short term, that will help to build a few hundred packages,
> though I think this bug should still be fixed. That's just less urgent
> now.
Right. This is going to help all those shared-library-issue bugs to be 'solved'.

Btw, did you mark all the failed/build-attempted to rebuild, so, we can find what
packages are going to benefit from it?

Thanks