Re: stuck "Loading second stage bootstrap"

Hi,

On 10/09/14 21:02, bruno evangelista wrote:
> You said:  "use the Debian wheezy disc".   Did you mean to use the CD
> with the very same iso file I used to download Debian in my computer?

No, the .iso I asked you to download yesterday, is a jessie install disc
(pre-release, beta version).

You now have Debian jessie installed on your Power Mac G5, but it seems
like the bootloader (GRUB2) is not working.

The .iso that you originally used, which crashed during install - that
was a Debian wheezy disc.  It has an older version of GRUB2, and you may
be able to replace that by using the CD's rescue mode.

What you then would have is a jessie system (installed yesterday) and an
older version of the GRUB2 bootloader (from the wheezy disc you were
using before).

> Since you are sending a copy of this email to
> debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org should we wait to see what is their
> reply.  Maybe they might have an easier solution.

I hope someone who has a Power Mac G5 may be able to explain the
bootloader issue, or try a jessie test-install themselves.  It seems
like the latest version of GRUB2 has problems on your hardware and, we'd
surely like to fix it before jessie is released.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org