Re: xorg / ati / artefacts in character display

On 13.06.2014 22:58, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> On 10.06.2014 17:40, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>>> I was able to make a screenshot of that, trying to attach it. Still
>>> looks pretty unusable :(
>> Most likely another mach64 driver bug. You can file a bug at
>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=xorg , component
>> Driver/mach64. But AFAIK nobody's actively working on that driver
>> anymore, so for the time being you probably need to work around it by
>> disabling RENDER acceleration with this option in the xorg.conf Section
>> "Device":
>>
>>     Option "EXANoComposite"
> I did a "NoAccel" "true", I think this should disable everything, am I
> right?

Why did you do that instead of what I suggested?

If you don't want any hardware acceleration, it's probably better to use
the fbdev driver instead of the mach64 driver.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer