Re: Debian PPC test video problem with G5 Quad

Hi guys installed the test and installation progress everything goes fluid At first system boot no video at all on the Xorg Only Black Screen , the terminal video is corrupted and not perfect. On Wheezy 7.5 everything was working (except the audio) My Configuration PowerMac G5 Quad 8Gb , Nvidia 7800gtx 512mb Regards Luigi

I have a similar problem on a Powermac G4 MDD, 1.0 GHz single processor, 2GB ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card. The installation went normally, but upon initial reboot, I got a black screen with only the pointer. I forced the computer to shut down by holding in the power button for 5 seconds.

The solution, at least in my case, is to enter a boot parameter for the radeon card at the boot: prompt. In my case it's "Linux video=radeonfb:1920x1080-32@60" without the quotes. This gets me to the desktop and from there everything is seeming to work well. However, the computer fails to "remember" the boot parameter on subsequent restarts, so that's another problem.

I've been using Wheezy since it was released and it works great on this machine.

Regards,
Keith