Re: which instruction sets are actually supported

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 11:57:16PM +0200, Jérémy Lal wrote:
> in the discussion at
> https://github.com/andrewlow/v8ppc/issues/111
> comes the question about the minimum instruction set
> supported by debian-powerpc. I didn't find an answer
> in the documentation. Could you help me clarifying that ?

Certainly everything back to ppc603/601 level works.  So the minimum
instruction set seems to be 32bit powerpc.  So my understanding is Power
ISA v2.02 or higher (Book E).  4xx powerpc embedded chips from IBM should
work fine too.

Standard powerpc FPU is expected to exist, which makes the SPE powerpc
versions not able to run it (which is mainly e500 core powerquicks as
far as I know).

--
Len Soremsem