Re: Wheezy install with dark screen after boot

> I wonder if the problem with your card was related to Phantom Ports.
>
> I just had a similar symptoms with Pro Mac G5 with GeForce FX 5200
> Ultra.
>
> We did manage to get this working.
>

> On Jan 20, 2014, at 10:53 PM, Risto Suominen <risto.suominen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kristen,
>>
>> 2014/1/21, Kristen R <kristen@atmyhome.org>:
>>>
>>> Advice as to what I should do? Like, how does one drop to a shell so
> I might
>>> access the xorg.config file?
>>>
>> Adding '1' to yaboot command line should bring you to single user
> mode.
>>
>> Risto
>
> Thank you Risto
>
> 	I never did get a chance to actually try entering a 1 to the boot:
> query. Instead I purchased a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card for Mac's.
> When I tried to boot to Debian everything worked as expected.
>
> 	No computer lockups at the login screen
> 	No half screen of black and white for the login screen
>
> So changing the video card solved my problem.
>
> It would seem there is a problem with the hardware detection phase and
> the build of the xorg.conf file
>
> Kristen
>

> --

I solved a similar problem changing the video conector from one dvi to
the other in the video card. I't seems that there is no monitor
detection under the instalation so the system didn't know in wich dvbi
you have conected the monitor.

Have a nice day
:)
--