No 3D on iBook G4

Hi there.

I have an iBook G4 with a RV360/M12 [Mobility Radeon 9550] and I just
(re)installed Debian on it.

I mainly need only to play videos (like lectures from Coursera and
other MOOC initiatives) and, honestly, I don't really care for 3D
graphics, but the video players that I tried seem to do (especially
when they choose an opengl backend).

Anyway, with my current setup, I don't get any kind of OpenGL and I
have provided a "snapshot" of how things are configured in my system
at:

    http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/linux/debug-r300/1385003057-g4-linux-3.12-trunk-powerpc.tar.xz

Please note that I am currently booting with the options

    radeon.agpmode=-1 video=offb:off video=radeonfb:off

After struggling a lot, I could get mplayer/mpv/vlc to play some
videos if I force XV to be used as the video backend, but, with mpv, I
get the following message:

     [vo/xv] X11 can't keep up! Waiting for XShm completion events...

While this is obviously based on impressions, the whole system feels
like everything is so slooooow regarding to graphics. :(

Also, not really sure if things are connected to this graphics thing
or not, with Iceweasel 17, I can use things OK, but with Icewease 24,
I simply get a segfault right at the start. Reverting back to version
17 makes it work again. Going back to version 24 makes it segfault
again. And so on. (Yes, everything with both clean and unclean
profiles).

I am now, BTW, using qupzilla for posting this (via gmail). :)

I suspect that newer versions of Iceweasel may be using something
related to WebGL and causing a crash?

If anybody has any hints, please let me know and I will do my best to
provide the necessary information.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA