State of fpc in sid

Abou Al Montacir wrote:

Hi Peter,

I've committed fixes of this bug, can you please upload?
Just thought i'd keep you informed.

I uploaded with my changes and your changes. I also had to make a couple of follow uploads to deal with a couple of small but build-breaking issues, i'll try and get those follow up uploads into svn soon.

Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough with the uploads and the chroots on the sparc buildd were updated to the new binutils (which makes versions of the fpc package prior to 2.6.2-3 uninstallable) before I managed to get the new upload in. This will mean a manual build on sparc is needed. Unfortunately the sparc porterbox seems to be out of disc space at the moment and requests in #debian-sparc for someone to build it manually went unanswered. I'm currently looking into qemu and if that fails I will look into if a sparc box I had remote access to ages ago can be made available again. I want to get this into testing ASAP to minimise the chance of problems for any derivatives that pull from testing.

powerpc64 will also need manual building for the same reason. Since it is not an official architecture I don't plan to do that building, ccing the guy who filed the most recent ppc64 bug report to inform him of this.