Re: Installation: xserve G4 with broken CD drive

Why not install from another machine and then place the hard drive into the Xserve G4?

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM, Milan Kupcevic <milan@physics.harvard.edu> wrote:
On 05/09/2013 05:13 PM, http@shaw.ca wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to get squeeze up and running on an xserve G4 with a broken CD drive.  It doesn't seem to want to boot from an
> extrnal firewire CD, but will boot OSX from an iBook set in target mode.  Oddly, it won't boot from a CD in said iBook.

Squeeze install CD won't boot from external firewire CD, but wheezy
should. For how to do it, see:

http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/powerpc/ch05s01.html.en#boot-cd

Milan