Re: Creating a PowerPC task force?

Hello,

> we are essentially orphans of the architecture. Again, would anybody else be
> interested in addressing the current problems that PowerPC seems to have?

Note that there are PPC users out there you might don't think of.
Two companies (links below) build PPC hardware primarily targeting AmigaOS users but we are also interested by Linux. It means that we are also helping keeping the PPC world alive.

What I wanted to say is that your work is not wasted and it's appreciated. We also helped by adding hardware support in the kernel tree.

One thing that would require more work is the support of the Uboot firmware + Parthenope boot loader. It seems that everybody thinks the PPC world uses OpenFirmware + yaboot :-/

About AmigaOS: http://www.amigaos.net
ACube Systems: http://www.acube-systems.biz/
Aeon Technology: http://a-eon.com/
Latest activity on PPC kernels: http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6206&forum=10