Re: New architecture ppc64el on Debian

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 04:04:42PM -0300, Breno Leitao wrote:
> On 09/21/2013 03:22 PM, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Can you please describe the advantages of this new port?
> This is going to be part of the OpenPower consortium. This article[1] describe a
> little bit about the about the architecture.

Please describe, from your perspective, the advantages and disadvantages
of this new port.  You are the proposer, so you have to show us why we
need it and what it provides over the existing ports.

> >  What versions of the Linux kernel, gcc, glibc are needed?
> Probably the yet-to-GA kernel, gcc and glibc. Patches started to being sent their
> projects, tho.

Please list message-ids for the mails sent to the Linux powerpc
mailing-list.  A new Debian port, either inofficial (via
debian-ports.org) or official, will not go anywhere with publicly
reviewed support.

Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9