Re: Nvidia on powermac.

I'm running a similar card [GeForce FX Go5200], and at the end of boot it loads nouveau; and I have a lot of issues, but have only began to troubleshoot it.

Default install:
-With LXDE set as default desktop, graphical login comes up, but has display errors on the lower ~30% of the screen, this persists throughout most applications
-login to console works great
-login to kde crashes with black screen, not sure if even f11,f12 etc gets a console. apple + power button gets a split screen with tiny green font on a mysterious new console!

A previous attempt: started with adding recommended packages which resulted with nouveau errors and some nasty errors at the end of boot up + frozen... I'll proceed more carefully this time and watch for conflicts

...will update great progress if no one else solves it all! g