Re: How to make a custom installer CD/DVD/BD/USB-stick?

On Jul 4, 2013, at 7:13 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:06 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

Can somebody point me at some docs or packages I could use to create a customized CD/DVD/BD image for installing Debian PowerPC?

I'd like to create a 32GB (or larger?) USB memory stick that can be used to do a complete installation of PowerPC Debian (Wheezy right now, but into the future... who knows?) without access to the Internet at install time. E.g. behind a *very* restrictive firewall or a very slow ISP connection.

I know that jigdo templates are provided for BD images that will do the job, but only for AMD64, not for PowerPC, hence the need to roll my own.

And besides, I think it might be fun to learn more about the process.

Maybe my google foo is at a low ebb today: I did my duty as a question-asker -- searching the web for answers before I ask the list -- but came up dry. In any case, a pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated!