X windows and network problems?

	Hi,

I have an x86 laptop and a PPC  workstation with Debian testing recently upgraded.

Many X application crash whenever I do ssh with X forwarding between them.

For example anytime from any of the two machines, starting evince in a remote
session (even without a file name) immediately causes a segmentation fault.

If trying with emacs, the fault happens as soon s I click on an item in a menubar.

In all cases, the fault seems to be in libcairo.so, but I have not had time
to investigate further (the source may be earlier).

Does anybody else see this?

	Gabriel