Re: Choice of Desktop environment at install time using netinst CD.

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 01:46:06PM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
>On Mar 3, 2013, at 7:03 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>>Gah. Looking further, at the moment I don't see how (if at all) the
>>powerpc boot stuff passes through any of the kernel boot options to
>>specify a default task. Rick, what happens if you try with kde CD#1
>>right now? Does it actually do KDE, or does it still default to Gnome?
>>
>>I'm glad you're thinking of things here, it's been a while since we've
>>had many people interested in ppc stuff like this! :-)
>
>I'll try it.
>
>Just to be clear -- What you want me to do is download and burn the
>RC1 KDE CD#1 install CD.
>
>Boot it.
>
>Take the default "install" option at the "boot:" prompt.
>
>Look at the /proc/cmdline from a text console during the install
>process.
>
>Wait til it gets to running tasksel.
>
>Leave "desktop task" checked.
>
>Watch and see what desktop it installs.
>
>Report back here.
>
>	Right?

That's exactly correct, yes! :-)

Thanks for helping with this, it's great!

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.