Re: iBook G3 stopped booting after last testing update

* Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> [2013-01-15 09:58 +0100]:

> On Mon, 2013-01-14 at 19:47 +0100, Martin Kuball wrote:
> >
> > After spending to much time figuring out what's going on, I have at
> > least a working system. The error is triggered when laptop-mode is
> > setting the auto negotiation attribute. So it may be a hardware error
> > after all. Because if I bring up the network manually (ifup -a) it
> > works.
>
> It might still be a sungem driver bug, or the driver might at least be
> able to work around the hardware problem. Consider reporting a bug
> against the kernel, preferably upstream.

I experienced such "bugs" as a misbehavior of networkmanager. I
always purge all the nm stuff, use /etc/network/interfaces and for
laptops a heaviliy customized netenv package.

Elimar
--
  Excellent day for drinking heavily.
  Spike the office water cooler;-)