Re: PowerPC Debian install on IBM 43P boot problems...

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM, dale-bresnan <dalep1@bresnan.net> wrote:
> there were two types of scsi controller on the 43P systems
> the onboard is/was 53c810 which has a SE/LVD drive interface.
> optional was 53c825 which is a HVD drive interface.

Euh, according to my memories (and sym_dev_table[] in
drivers/scsi/sym53c8xx_2/sym_hipd.c seems to agree), the 53c810 is a narrow
Fast SCSI chip, so it is old SE, not SE/LVD. LVD was only introduced with
Ultra2 SCSI.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds