Installing wheezy on iBook G3 hangs

Hi,

I tried to install wheezy on an old iBook G3 900 MHz. I downloaded the netinstall image, burned it on CD and booted it.

The first glitch came after first hardware detection. The screen went empty and nothing happend any more. Hitting some keys got me running again.

But then came the progress bar saying "Programm für die Partitionierung wird geladen" (lodaing program for partitioning). It goes to 43% and hangs.
I switched to another terminal and found the following in the syslog:

INFO: task mdadm:8541 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
Call Trace:
[...]
--- Exception: c01 at 0xff53e78
    LR = 0xff53ddc

this is repeated every 2 minutes.

I have no idea what's going on. Besides that, the hardware seems OK to me. It's still working with the MacOS currently installed.

Thanks for your help.

Martin