Re: PowerPC Debian install on IBM 43P boot problems...

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 01:15:36PM -0400, Bruno Gallichand wrote:
>   I`m trying to revive an old IBM 43P for a customer into using it with Debian 3.0 (that`s the only version I was able to get bootable floppy images).
>
>   After the successful partionning and installation of the base OS, during boot, it is stuck displaying infinite messages about the SCSI Controller 0, trying to reset it, and never ends.
>
>   Has anyone been successful in such an installation on an old IBM 43P?

How much ram is in it?

Is the scsi bus properly terminated?  After all you might have to deal
with the joys of good old scsi.

I found a bit here from someone succeeding with a net install on a 44P
a few years ago:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2008/09/msg00080.html

Seems they used 4.0, not 3.0.

I think they also used a scsi cdrom to boot from.

--
Len Sorensen